Would-be Writers to be Focus of April 13-14 Writers Conference
Program to Include Literary Agents, Authors and How-To Sessions on Getting Published—Hollywood ‘Story Merchant‘ Ken Atchity a Featured Speaker
“There’s something for every writer—published or unpublished, fiction or non-fiction,” said Tina Winograd, 2012 HWG conference director. “The publishing world is changing. In some ways, it is easier to get a book published today. Our experts will address traditional publishing as well as online publishing and e-books. Make an appointment to have your writing critiqued by a published writer or to run your story idea by a literary agent.”
Writers may choose between several tracks, including mystery, nonfiction, young adult and writing/publishing basics. The two-day meeting includes presentations from:
· Hollywood ‘Story Merchant’ Ken Atchity, producer and literary manager
· Self-Publishing super-star and zombie thriller novelist Rhiannon Frater
· Young Adult author Nikki Loftin, author of two novels and numerous short stories
· True crime writer and novelist Kathryn Casey
· Larry Thompson, author of legal thriller, “The Trial”
· Award-winning novelist and poet Chitra Divakaruni
· New York literary agents
Conference cost is $125 for Friday and Saturday; $100 for Saturday only. Saturday lunch is included in the fee. Friday night dinner optional. For an additional cost, attendees may schedule brief one-on-one sessions with literary agents and published writers.
For online registration and further program information, see HWG website, www.houstonwritersguild.org or call 281-498-5025.