Would-be Writers to be Focus of April 13-14 Writers Conference
Houston writers will gather April 13-14, when the Houston Writers’ Guild (HWG) holds the 2012 4th annual writers’ conference in Sugar Land.
Writers may choose between several tracks, including mystery, nonfiction, young adult and writing/publishing basics. The two-day meeting includes presentations from:
· Hollywood ‘Story Merchant’ Ken Atchity, producer and literary manager
· Self-Publishing super-star and zombie thriller novelist Rhiannon Frater
· Young Adult author Nikki Loftin, author of two novels and numerous short stories
· True crime writer and novelist Kathryn Casey
· Larry Thompson, author of legal thriller, “The Trial”
· Award-winning novelist and poet Chitra Divakaruni
· New York literary agents
Conference cost is $125 for Friday and Saturday; $100 for Saturday only. Saturday lunch is included in the fee. Friday night dinner optional. For an additional cost, attendees may schedule brief one-on-one sessions with literary agents and published writers.
For online registration and further program information, see HWG website, www.houstonwritersguild.org or call 281-498-5025.